Goliath Version History
- 0.1 - September 7 1999. Initial implemenation of DAV library. Support
for read-only display of web sites, HTTP authentication and proxy
- 0.15 - September 28, 1999. Fixed problem in underlying DAVLib preventing
DAVLib clients from using the Sharemation server. Added New WebFolder,
Import File and Refresh View features.
- 0.20 - January 8, 2000. Added Rename and Delete functionality, Drag&Drop
upload support, better error handing and notification, progress dialogs
with cancel mechanism for delete and upload, use of OPTIONS to determine
server's DAV ability, a new event messaging mechanism, and misc. UI
- 0.30 - January 29, 2000. Extended Drag&Drop upload to recurse folders.
Implemented Drag&Drop download; folders are recursed and dragging
to Trash will download to Trash and then delete from server. Added
the ability to save and load connections to and from document files;
this adds a primitive bookmarking capability. Document Icons now render
their icons directly from the creating applications; creator and type
are determined from Internet Config file mappings.
- 0.30a - January 30, 2000. Rebuilt 0.30 source code with version
1.5.2 of DAVLib
- 0.30b - February 3, 2000. Rebuilt 0.30 source code with version
1.5.3 of DAVLib. Now compatible with Microsoft IIS5, MyDocsOnline.
- 0.5 - March 29, 2000.
- First cut at Lock/Unlock functionality.
- New preferences dialog.
- Added mechanism to store client obtained locks persistently.
- Added a mechanism to allow users to specify URL parameters when
downloading items via HTTP GET from a WebServer.
- fixed URL Encoding bug where filenames with spaces (and other characters)
were handled incorrectly.
- Misc. UI Tweaks
- added text to header specifying how many items are in the display
- Added lockowner column.
- Columns are now resizeable and the column widths are saved in connection
- Window size and location is stored in connection document.
- Cmd-delete to delete selected files [like finder].
- balloon help for Menu items. New Apple based user guide.
- 0.7 - August 8, 2000.
- Many UI enhancements and bug fixes
- added support for proxy authentication
- Duplicate Functionality
- Support for Apache mod_dav executable property
- New property display UI
- Rudimentary editing capability
- Initial port to Carbon API
- 0.81 - October 3, 2001
- Initial support for Apple's iDisk services.
- Fixed bugs connecting with the WebRFM server.
- 0.82 - November 23, 2001
- Fixed a bug authenticating with the proxy servers.
- 0.9 - March 10, 2002
- Added features to encode resource forks with the Apple Double encoding.
- Fixed assorted UI bugs: date now sorts properly, cleaned up UI refresh, added
option to case-insensitive sort, Window menu operations will no longer resize
- Fixed problems with MacOS 8.1 compatibility introduced in
version 0.8-dev. Removed most use of Pascal strings; should fix problems users
were seeing with long collection resources.
- Rewrote preferences dialog - now uses a tab control and contains global proxy settings.
- New UI to make opening of Apple iDisk easier
- Made app more OSX savvy.
- 0.9.1 - June 13, 2002
Fixes some minor bugs including:
- can't save on Classic with some systems
- upload with menu items doesn't work properly
- fix problem where using the specia File menu item to open an iDisk
turned off handling of Resource forks.
- Mouse/Scroll-Wheel support on Mac OSX
- Live window resizing on Mac OSX
(c)1999-2002, Thomas Bednarz. All Rights Reserved
Last updated on 03/10/2002