How do I configure Goliath to work with
Goliath is a MacOS application that implements a protocol named
WebDAV (often called WebFolders) and provides the same features as WebFolders
support for Windows 95/98/NT. Since WebDAV is an open protocol, it can be used
with a number of online services, including StoreItOnline.com. Please note
that Goliath is developed by an independant developer and is not affiliated
with or is a product of StoreItOnline.com.
Follow these steps to configure Goliath for use with the StoreItOnline.com service.
- Download the Goliath installer from here.
Double click on the Installer icon and follow the directions to install the application.
- Once installed, start the Goliath Application. If a dialog named New WebDAV
Connection does not appear, select the menu item named New
Connnection from the File Menu.
- In the New WebDAV Connection dialog, for the URL, enter in
is your login for the StoreItOnline service. Make sure to
remove the < and the > from the URL - they are here for sample
purposes only. For example, if your login at StoreItOnline is jsmith the URL
would be http://www.StoreItOnline.com/~jsmith, and NOT
- Check the Use Authentication checkbox. In the newly enabled fields
labeled User Name and Password, enter in your user name
and password. The dialog should look something like this at this point:
- Press OK to connect to StoreItOnline.com. A window should be displayed
that presents your files on StoreItOnline.
- To save these settings into a Goliath Connection Document for easy recall
in the future, select the Save Connection menu item from the File
menu. To re-open your connection in the future, either double click on the
document or open it with the Open Connection menu item.
- More information on how to use Goliath can be found in the online help
(which can be found under the Help menu in Goliath) or online at the Goliath WebSite.